Grilled Cilantro Pesto Shrimp
- 1 - 1/2 cups of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup olive oil
- Fresh garlic clove to taste (1 or 2)
- Juice from a small Lemon & Lime
- Juice from a small Mandarin Orange
- 1/2 chopped jalapeno or Serrano Chile
- 1/2 of a cooked Pasilla Chile chopped
- 30 Med/Lg Raw Shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- Add cilantro and garlic to a small food processor and chop finely
- Gradually add in olive oil and watch it emulsify
- Add squeezes of Lemon, Lime & Orange Juices. A couple of TBS of each should do it.
- Go easy on the orange juice , you don't want it too sweet
- Add in the jalapeno , pasilla , salt & pepper
- Continue processing until it gets thicker.
- Set aside about 1/4 of the marinade as a topping for your shrimp.
- Marinade the shrimp in the remaining marinade for at least 15 minutes or longer
- Grill in a grill pan or skillet until done.
- Remove to a serving dish
- Drizzle remaining Cilantro Pesto sauce over the shrimp.
- Add a squeeze of lime if desired.