I am trying out new ways to stay low carb, low sugar. Jorge Cruise mentions that bell peppers and Asparagus are super carb foods so I used those and some very lean beef sirloin to create a tasty and healthy dish.
Pepper & Asparagus Beef
(makes 3 - 4 generous servings)
1 Bell Pepper (or more)
1 Bunch of Asparagus
2 cloves of garlic
Olive Oil (a few Tbs as needed)
6 - 8 ozs of lean, beef sirloin
Salt & pepper to taste
Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- Slice bell peppers
- Cut asparagus into 1 1/2" pieces
- Slice beef into thin strips
- sprinkle with slat and pepper and set aside
- Heat Olive Oil in pan
- Saute bell peppers and Asparagus in oil until they start to soften
- Season with salt and pepper
- Mince or use garlic press and add garlic to the peppers and asparagus
- Add sliced beef to pan and continue to saute until the meat just turns brown outside. (I like my beef tender and a bit pink inside, if you like it more done, cook a bit longer). Do not overcook or beef will get tough.
- Stir in a dash of Sriracha hot sauce or your favorite if desired.