These are super easy to make. I just made 1 Zucchini instead of the 8 - 10 he suggests you use to make 6 - 8 servings. I found that 1 egg was more than enough for making a single serving. I also used a combination of grated Parmesan and shredded Parmesan to give it more texture and crunch.
Here is the recipe for a single serving (I only ate half of this myself)
Jorge's Zucchini Cheese Fries for One!
1 med Zucchini
1 pinch of chili powder
handful of shredded Parmesan (or as needed)
handful of grated Parmesan (or as needed)
Olive Oil (just a bit for frying)
Wash and slice ends of of the zucchini. Slice it crosswise to make 2 short pieces, then slice it down the middle and cut each half into halves & cut each of those into halves or 1/3rds again. The object is to get the zucchini slices to look like fries. You can make them thicker or thinner for your preference.
- Beat egg with the dash of chili powder.
- Put Parmesan cheeses on a paper plate.
- Dip each piece of zucchini in egg mixture
- gently roll and press the zucchini into the cheese
- set aside until they are all breaded
Heat oil in a med to large fry pan. Just enough to put a nice layer on the bottom.
- Fry in the olive oil turning gently on each of their 3 sides until golden brown and softened.
- Drain each "fry" on paper towels.
- Serve immediately or keep in a warm oven.
Mmm. Good stuff!