I was passing by the fish counter at Sprouts Market and they had the most beautiful fresh Altlantic Salmon. I bought a nice 1 1/2 lb fillet. I wanted to do something special with it that would stay within my H.E.L.P. (Healthy Eating Lifestyle Plan), so I came up with a nice Baked salmon with white wine. I happen to love the combination of wine & shallots so that was easy. I added a bit of butter and instead of using flour as a thickening agent I used Arrowroot. I will admit that my sauce came out a bit thicker than I wanted but the flavor is out of this world.
My daughter, Sarah, who hates fish gave it a taste and loved it, especially the sauce! "Winner, winner, Vegan Chicken Dinner" (as my son Jaymie would say, lol!
The family was hovering waiting for this meal to be ready. No one was disappointed.
Here is the simple recipe:
- 1 - 2 lbs Salmon Fillets
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- Coarse Salt
- Olive Oil
- 1 Cup White Wine (dry is better)
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs finely chopped shallots
- 1 - 2 tsp Arrow Root (or 2 tbs flour)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Lightly coat salmon with olive oil
- Sprinkle with coarse salt
- Mince garlic or use garlic press and rub the garlic on top of the salmon fillet
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes (do not overcook)
- When salmon is about halfway done, prepare the white wine sauce:
- Add 1 cup of wine, 2 Tbs Butter, 2 Tbs Shallots, & salt & pepper to taste in a saucepan
- Bring to a light simmer and reduce over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce thicker add a tiny bit of Arrowroot at a time until sauce is of desired consistency
- Move salmon fillet to a platter and spoon the sauce over it
- Watch it disappear ☺