Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 3, Day 3 - Couch to 5k Program

It was another, hot, sunny and glorious day in Southern Cali day! I tend to get a later start on Saturdays and today was no exception. I decided to run on Westchester Parkway again. This time there were more fellow runners (I like the sound of that) and walkers as well. It was nice.

It went very similar again. It was hot outside and I felt myself dragging when I went to repeat the intervals on the way back. This is how it went:

Warm up: 5 - 10 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Abductors (inner thighs)
Podcast - Week 3 - Day 2:
  • 5 minutes brisk walking
  • 90 seconds running
  • 90 seconds brisk walking
  • 3:00 minutes running
  • 3:00 minutes brisk walk
  • 90 seconds running
  • 90 seconds brisk walking
  • 3:00 minutes running
  • 3:00 minutes brisk walk
  • 5:00 minutes brisk walk
I continue to double the workout and cut the last, 5 minute cool down walk, to only 3 minutes and then repeated the intervals again:
  • 90 seconds running
  • 90 seconds brisk walking
  • 3:00 minutes running
  • 3:00 minutes brisk walking
  • 90 seconds running
  • 90 seconds brisk walking
  • 3:00 minutes running
  • 3:00 minutes brisk walking
  • 5 minutes brisk walking (cool down)
Yes, I will say I am nervous about week 4, but I am confident I can do it!

Cool Down: 5 minutes Static Stretching:
  • Hip Flexors
  • Quads
  • Calves
  • Abductors (inner thighs)
I drank 3 bottles of water after my run, I was parched. I am going to look into getting some sort of bottle holder for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment